I try to keep an open mind about everything except grammar, spelling and punctuation.

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Fruit idioms

Watch the video about fruit idioms and complete the quiz below.
The link to the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2g--OWe5iI
Questions:

My girfriend Lisa married the rich guy at last. I told him that I pitied him because she wasn't a good cook and that I was glad I didn't marry her. But that was just _________.
 sour grapes
 real peach
 the apple of my eye

My dog ruined my new jakcet. It drove me _______.
 apple
 lemon
 banana

Because my old raincoat has too many holes on it, I got all wet in the rain. The raincoat is a real _____.
 melon
 grape
 lemon

An important project was screwed up just because of my mistake. "You are such a _______." My boss shouted at me.
 real peach
 rotten apple
 forbidden fruit

It hasn't been long since my child was born. She is so adorable! She is ____________.
 the apple of my eye
 the rotten apple
 Adam's apple

I have a nice wife and adorable children. I have a proper job, and now I am getting promoted! Life is just ___________!
 a bowl of cherries
 a lemon
 an apple cart

A: I think we need to change the plan a little bit. / B: No, just leave it as it is. Don't upset __________.
 the applecart
 the banana
 the rotten apple

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like such activities, especially with videos, so, great job!!!!

Lilia said...

Yulia, can you reveal the secret how to make a quiz for a blog?